Monday, July 20, 2009

I miss you so!

Okay, so I know it was almost a month ago, but it was never my intention to jump on the bandwagon earlier in any case. I was too overwrought with grief. Yes, I was. No, I didn't know him personally. Never met him in my life. No, I don't think he was a paedophile. I also don't care about whether his children were actually fathered by him or not, and who Blanket's real mother is, and whether he was having an affair with the children's nanny, or whether he was gay, and had a string of gay lovers.

I MISS HIM! Nobody can explain it. MJ-lovers know EXACTLY what I'm talking about, and non-MJ lovers are scratching their heads and going,'Huh'? B(my best-est friend) has threatened me with dire consequences if I hang a picture of anywhere in the house. She remembers the time my Mom put up a picture of Diana (the Princess of Wales, not me) after she died, and it hangs there till this day. It's unhealthy, B says, this obsession with dead celebrities. But what does she know?

If the truth be told, I have been scouring the net for snippets on MJ, ever since he died. I cannot say I'm shocked at the lies that people will tell just to get in the news, and yes, I was so relieved that no-one knew where they'd taken his body, because that meant he'd finally have at least a moment's respite. RIP, Michael.

But now the snippets on Google have disappeared and it keeps throwing up the same old news. Does this mean we're leaving him alone? Don't get me wrong. That's a good thing, but I somehow feel a little lost without my daily fix of MJ. I satisfy myself now by reading old articles that I hadn't read before, because I was too busy thinking that MJ was a weirdo and all that they were saying about him was true. Shame on me. Oh, MJ, I wish you could come back. I miss you so!